Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bin Laden cont.

So after my intial skepticism I found various things that really put it over the edge for me that Bin Laden really is dead. I do think it was very convenient for Obama that they acted on their intell now. But in the comments on the previous post, I posted a link to a very interesting article. Apparently there is a man in Pakistan who unknowingly live blogged the U.S. Bin Laden raid as it happened. Actually very interesting to read and it's not very long either. The Government has said that they have photos postmortem of Bin Laden but are yet unsure if they will release them. I'm pretty sure I don't actually want to see graphic pictures of a dead guy, but it'd be nice if we could have some people verify that the photos do exist. I don't blame them for burying him at sea, but for how many times Bin Laden has been "dead" it's understandable that people are demanding more proof.

I do have to say that we have some amazing men and women who work for our freedom. Hats off to that group of Navy Seals who got the job done. I really would love to hear more about those who actually trained for this, but as an abc report stated, "These men have done all of this in anonymity. It is standard procedure never to identify members of Team Six."  And yes, it's good to keep the names of them secret, as much as I'd like to hear more about them and to be able to publicly thank them, I'd much rather they not become a target. Capt. Duncan Smith, a SEAL spokesman who spoke with ABC News stated, "A lot of those missions--the majority of those missions--are ones the public will never know about...and thats a good thing." I'm so grateful for these troops who deal with threats on our country constantly. These people are the ones who help us Americans feel safe. So, whoever you are, wherever you are. Thank you. Anyone who goes into service for our country, to secure our freedom deserves our gratitude and love. God bless America, my home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment